A Send Up For a Send Off

A eulogy for a comedian shouldn’t be a serious thing. It should be full of something and that something should make me laugh. Of course, it’s hard to laugh when someone dies, but not when they’re as funny as Harvey Korman.

Dueling Pianos



The thing about Harvey Korman was that he could never keep it together. I used to watch the Carol Burnett Show just for the fun of seeing him laugh at Tim Conway. I watched a PBS special on Carol Burnett and she said that Tim Conway would ad lib once everyone was in front of the audience and so no one knew what to expect when they were live. Harvey Korman never knew what to expect and it got him everytime.



On her PBS Special, Carol Burnett talked about how she almost fired Harvey Korman, but if she had, we would have missed the genius that he was.



I found this one too and it made me laugh knowing the true nature of what was going on.



I remember Harvey most from the Carol Burnett show, but that wasn’t all he did. He was with the Danny Kaye show (Danny Kaye of Court Jester fame: The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true!), did a stint as the voice of the Great Gazoo (when I was a kid, I thought that little cartoon alien was sarcastic as hell, but just like Thunder Cats, the reality of it as an adult disappoints - were we just stupid when we were kids?) Anyway, here he is, being interviewed and here's a Great Gazoo treat!



One thing that was true then and is true now, death and all, Harvery Korman was funny and hell and I will miss him.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template