I Know Hasselhof's Not Gonna Do It 'Cause He's A Drunk!

That was my boss's reaction when I told him that they were remaking Knight Rider.

So, Knight Rider, huh? It was a pivotal show from my past, a show I could still watch now (and I did when it was on one of the HD channels this past summer). Unlike Thunder Cats, which I won't get into.

Michael Knight will be played by Justin Bruening except his name will be Mike Tracer and he'll be MK's son. He's an ex-soldier, bitter, disillusioned, jaded, lost, etc., etc. KITT is a Mustang Shelby GT500KR when he's driving around like normal, but he can also "transform" into other looks, the no driver look and the "attack" mode. In "attack" mode, he looks kind of Fast and Furious ricer-ish.

And there's a girl who seems, based on the premise, as if she will be an integral part of the show. So, will Mike Tracer be as much of a ladies man as his old man, who, coincidentally, will be a special guest star on the series? I wonder how long it will be before they have Hasselhof on full time because he's a train wreck and we like watching collisions?

The one aspect of all of this that keeps my attention is the fact that KITT will be voiced by Will Arnett. G.O.B. from Arrested Development! The man who is in love with Kenneth from 30 Rock... That makes me know one thing. KITT will definitely be a smartass.

How will it do as a show? Here is the premise: The inventor of KITT is attacked by men sent by "The Client" but suffers a heart attack. KITT is activated in order to protect the daughter of the inventor when the men lose their one hope of deciphering something with the inventor's heart attack and also programmed to find the one man that could help them both. Mike Tracer. And of course Mike and the daughter, Sarah, played by Deanna Russo, have a history. But KITT is nigh invulnerable, so be prepared for some remote access action.

I think it will do as well as the first Knight Rider. I mean, Knight Rider wasn't exactly the cream of the crop of television. We liked it, some elements lasted, but in the annals of television history, Knight Rider lingers at the bottom of the top 200. Knight Rider Redux (although I guess we'll know if it's redux or just part... what, 3, cause we all remember Knight Rider 2020, right?) will be okay... but only if they actually have writers.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template