Going Crazy

I'm ready for new content. Oh, I know this is not the time to complain, but the AMPTP needs to get their act together and pay these writers what they're worth so I can find out what the FRAK is happening on that Island!

So, I wanted to nerd out with my little sister and have a BSG marathon (she's never seen it). We'd make Chief Tyrol hooch (or pomegranatinis, whichever tastes better), watch the miniseries, watch key episodes that tell the story, watch Razor and then complain that, after watching 3 seasons in 24 hours (over two days of course) that there is no more BSG until next year. However, when I went to iTunes to download said episodes, I find that not a one of them is up for sale. More use of the word "frak" as I try to figure out what happened and I'm embarrassed to say that I missed the news that, since NBC is no longer satisfied with the pricing system that iTunes set up, all NBC owned stations (Sci-Fi, USA and others) shows were pulled. Zhe shi shen me lan dong xi!? So we watched Firefly instead (which still involved hooch (Kaylee's this time), with the space adventures we longed for, and the weekend was saved by Joss Whedon.

This just in: Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report will both resume production January 7, without their writing staffs. This return date follows a scheduled two-week, end of year hiatus. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert issued this statement about their announced return: "We would like to return to work with our writers. If we cannot, we would like to express our ambivalence, but without our writers we are unable to express something as nuanced as ambivalence." (emphasis mine)

The response from WGA: "Comedy Central forcing Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert back on the air will not give the viewers the quality shows they've come to expect. The only way to get the writing staffs back on the job is for the AMPTP companies to come back to the table prepared to negotiate a fair deal with the Writers Guild."

The same thing happened with Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno. It will be very interesting seeing where these shows go.

As networks have been gearing up to sit it out for the long haul with midseason shows and reality shows, I find that the different descriptions of the same shows are making me curious. Of course, I'm going to watch the new American Gladiators, the cooking shows, maybe the design shows, but I'm not sure if I want to venture into the singing show territories now that even American Idol are running out of good singers... To the one person reading who I seem to always piss off about The Big Bang Theory, what shows do you think I should check out as reality becomes the nature of the tv beast?

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template