Online Television, Part Deux

I want to convince everyone to watch tv online. Yes, I know you have a DVR. I know you can watch television anytime you want. But can you watch your DVR when  you're having a slow day at work and want to pass the time? Can you watch your DVR in the Doctor's office - especially if the thought of watching Dr. Phil with these ladies makes you want to vomit? 


The answer to that is a resounding no. 

Oh, I'm not advocating throw away your tv. As an avid sports fan, I'm all about big HD tvs that show you every hit, every bead of sweat, every signal in a crisp clarity that only going to a game can provide. I love the television set. 

But I love the convenience of watching television online even more. If I want to know what's going on with those girls at the Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious house, all I have to do is skip over to http://cwtv.com and check it out. If I want to know what Barney is doing on How I Met Your Mother, I type in http://cbs.com (actually, I just do cbs.com - these sites know my ip address by heart now). Want to catch up on Pushing Daisies? abc.go.com. It's not hard people. All it takes is a set of headphones, a fast internet connection, and a love of television that means you can take it where you go instead of waiting until you get home.

So which sites help you enjoy watching television on the computer and which site makes you want to throw your internet connection out the window? I have a little more research to do before I can let you in on my television on the computer knowledge.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template