TV Casualty

Bye bye Viva Laughlin, we hardly knew you and apparently, we did not love you.

I think the stories and the idea of the show was good and so did the talent hired for it. I missed it myself, saving it for an online viewing because the previews with singing and dancing didn't seem so great.

I wrote my predictions for the fall television premiere season here and I had a feeling Viva Laughlin would go down.

Other shows I don't expect to be renewed after this season?
Fox
Unhitched (which hasn't premiered yet)
The Return of Jezebel James (not yet premiered)
I thought K-Ville would be good, but it should not be renewed.

NBC
Journeyman (although I actually like the show once I understood the premise)
Chuck (slightly interesting upon further watching, but completely preposterous)
Lipstick Jungle (yet to premiere)

ABC
Caveman (duh)
Carpoolers
Dirty Sexy Money
Big Shots (I'm glad I guessed Cancelled on this one because it is a completely skeezy show)
Miss-Guided (yet to premiere)
Eli Stone (yet to premiere)

CBS
The Big Bang Theory (just got picked up for remaining 2nd half of the season episodes)
Viva Laughlin
Swingtown (yet to premiere)
Moonlight (just got picked up for 4 more episodes - I was wrong and it is slightly interesting)

Of course, statistically, only 30% of shows make it to a new season. I picked Fox to have the biggest number of new show make it to a second season, but they've pushed back a few of their shows, notably New Amsterdam, and they have a lot of mid season premieres and reality shows (although I think Nashville was cancelled as well).

So go over here to check out my fall 2007 premiere predictions and tell me what you think.

(and yes, anonymous Big Bang Theory lover, I know nothing - but that's the fun of writing in this medium.)

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template