Knight Rider

I love television, a little too much, sometimes. Sometimes, that's a good thing and sometimes, that a bad thing. It's really a bad thing when I like a show that my common sense tells me is not good. 


And that's the case with the new Knight Rider

Cons:
No Will Arnett, which threw Val Kilmer in at the last minute and he was stiff, even for a talking car.

Michael Knight may be the new Anakin Skywalker as portrayed by Hayden Christiansen (that is, he is a little baby when it comes to making man-like decisions)

Horrible storyline - How did Michael get involved in this? What did the billionaire's daughter and the bastard child have in common? And the excuse for not being with her? Lame! And the guy that's his mechanic? Comedy? Tragedy? I don't get it.

David Hasselhoff - It looked like they dragged him out of jail, threw him in a suit, and gave him his lines, then told him to get his ass off the set as quickly as possible. I mean, The Hoff is no DeNiro, but damn, he was at least believable once upon a time.

Pros:
The story is interesting, if not well written - Michael will travel all over the world stopping crime. I think that could take us, as viewers, to some interesting places.

KITT - all I have to say is DAMN! - Renewable outer shell nanobytes technobabble. I like it. And I like that we now have the technology to weaken KITT - people can hack into his system if need be. It's an interesting concept.

The Focus commercials - The commercials were well written. They were good. They gave KITT an electronic snarkiness we old fans of the original have come to love. Plus, they made Michael seem like less a degenerate and more like a man who makes decisions, but who doesn't mind being bested by a car - sometimes. And the concept of KITT being jealous of a focus and stalking Michael was too hilarious. I stopped to watch every commercial. The commercial gives me hope, even though I'm pretty sure they were written by ad execs rather than show writers. A girl can wish, can't she?

Okay, so there are more cons than pros. But I would still watch it for the same reason I watched the old one. For it's warm, cheesy, goodness. 


0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template