American Idol and BBC

What do they have in common? I would like to say nothing, but right now, it looks like they will both be selling shows on iTunes for the first time. 


In a move that will prove to be a moneymaker for the reality show, each song that is performed by a hopeful singer will sell for $.99 and a video for each one will sell for $1.99. I wonder if they will be making an album out of each night's performance? That would be two albums a week for the group until they stop having same sex performance. For the show, this is a great idea. It will give people who missed their chance another opportunity to gripe and complain when Sanjaya makes it through another week. (Wait, that was last year?)

Which brings me to another question... will any of them be this year's Sanjaya?

BBC will be putting select shows on iTunes, although I'm not sure which shows will make it to the store... I'm hoping that my Saturday favourites, Doctor Who and Torchwood will make it. I mean, I DVR the shows, but it is nice to be able to own their seasons. I know a few people that hope Top Gear will make it. They've been following the show on YouTube. What BBC show do you hope will make it to iTunes USA?



0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template