Also File Under Music To My Ears

The writers may be reaching an agreement with the AMPTP which could get us the rest of our season back for some shows. 


Tuesday, February 12, 2008, writers are voting whether or not they will end the strike during the ratification process. The voting is between 2-6pm at the WGAW and between 4-7pm at WGAE. If there is a majority yes vote, production of shows could begin as early as Wednesday, February 13.

The vote does not end the dispute that is going on between the writers and the companies of the AMPTP. The contract that has been drawn will require that every guild member read and vote on it and even the contract itself is not firm as writers and studio execs try to hammer out the language of the contract. While shows may be ongoing, any hitch in contract negotiations could result in halting the season again. 

So, for the sake of television and so I don't have to watch such dross as both of the Sex In the City clones (Lipstick Jungle, you gave me what I expected and Cashmere Mafia, I expected better from you!), so I can see all of LOST and the Sarah Connor Chronicles, I say hurray for working during ratification... but for the sake of getting paid for the work you do, I say, take your time writers, take your time.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template