The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Part 2 - Tin Man

"A shooter with some kind of robot leg."

My husband watched last night's premiere of The Sarah Connor Chronicles with me. He thought there were a lot of corny lines in the premiere, like the one above. Too many corny lines in the premiere means not a very good series, he thought, since the premiere is usually the best episode of a given season.

John struggles with being cooped up, everyone is suffering "time lag" (like jet lag, but from traveling in time), and Sarah is wanting to remain anonymous as long as possible. Other than a completely innocuous scene where John can't find the turkey (such a TRUE stereotype) in the fridge, even though it's right there, had me scratching my head. Did they want us to know that he was the son and she was the mom? Uh, got that one.

I wonder how, in chase scenes like the one where Cameron (Glau) is chasing the unknown Terminator through the alleys, that Sarah (Headey) could drive around and come out perfectly in front of the guy ? I drove for about 15 miles to go in a circle the other day, only to end up about 1/2 a mile from where I started. Bleh, I wish I had tv's sense of direction.

So John decided to read about what happened to them and ends up at the home of his mom's ex fiance, although, can you be ex if you never official broke up, even though you officially left?

I think my next answering machine message is going to be "You've reached the future of mankind. Leave a message!"

Oh well, the second episode dragged a bit all over with a few good parts in the middle. I liked the head and the body coming back online and the body stealing the head of a dead Chet. I think the worse scene, even including the turkey scene, is when cyborg body with Chet head walks into the junkman's "home". I will continue to watch a) because of the potential and b) because of the strike.

P.S. Spotted: Penny from lost as EMT's Charley's wife.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template