Who Wants It More?

I have always been passionate about football.

Well, really, it started with basketball. I come from a basketball family.

So I played soccer. Because I couldn't play football.

So I was mildly (MILDLY?) excited about the first game of the season. The defending champions, the New England Patriots Indianapolis Colts go against the team I wanted to go all the way, the New Orleans Saints.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Falcons fan. But once the Falcons were out and the Saints were still in it last year, that's who I wanted to see win. Maybe it was because of Katrina. Maybe it is because of Drew Brees. When he messes up and gets mad at himself, he still looks like a cute puppy. A cute, angry little puppy.

But... thanks to WMGT, the first 5 minutes of the first game of this new season was in SD. Standard Definition???? C'mon, 41!

I always thought that paying that much for a television was idiotic. Until I saw a game in HD. Oh, yeah. hhgregg knows what they're doing. All the screens filled with college football, beckoning to me so that the idea of "saving up" for what is basically a television was not ridiculous.

Until we got that sucker home. We plugged in our wires and our cable box and watched crazy shows about nothing. The sun rising. Animals just sitting and staring. Slumberous narrations, all for the sake of a pretty picture. But what a pretty picture it was. For us, more than worth it.

And football looks fan-freakin-tastic!

I thought for sure the Saints would be hungry to rectify last year's miss of the Superbowl. Alas, those jokers were not. However, since I have both Reggie Wayne and Reggie Bush on my fantasy football team, I was a confusing mass of cheering. Since I was rooting for the Saints, my husband kept wondering why I would raise my hands in victory at an Indianapolis touchdown. Fantasy football makes you cheer for crazy things.

Finally, WMGT got their act together and for the most part, the game was in GLOOORIOUS HD.

Because that's how you have to say it.

Go American Football!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template