Tuesday Premieres - New and Returning

Reaper (CW 9pm) and Cane (CBS 10pm) have their series premiere this upcoming Tuesday and the buzz on both is very good. Personally, I like the wacky/spooky vibe that Reaper gives off as it begins the tale of a guy who finds out his parents sold his soul to the devil. Wackiness ensues, supernatural powers are discovered and demons are captured. Fans of the show Supernatural, also on the CW, thought that Reaper would siphon ratings from Supernatural. However, Reaper is very different in scope and tone from Supernatural, so fans should have no fear. I'm pretty psyched about this show.

Cane is also an anticipated premiere. The story of the rivalries inside and outside of a Cuban-American family running their sugar cane and rum dynasty sounds completely delicious. And of course the talented Jimmy Smits heads the cast, and his track record says we should expect good things from the show.

My most looked for premieres, though, are the season premiere of Bones and House. I mean, yes, I want to see NCIS because of how things ended with Tony and I want to check out The Unit to find out what happened to our favourite secret military men who were hung out to dry by the gov't they serve, but what I really want to know is how House is going to cope without Doctors Cameron, Foreman and Chase. Are they really off the show? Oh, I know the House haters have absolutely no interest in this show (every episode is the same!!!), but I love Hugh Laurie in this role and pretty much eat every show up.

Of course, my interest in House pales in comparison to how much I can't wait to see Bones. Every single character is adorable to me. I love Brennan and Booth as a team and individually. I definitely have a girl crush on Emily Deschanel's Temperance Brennan and I love how different David Boreanaz is as the Booth character. And you gotta love a guy who can wear funky belt buckles and socks as a G-man. Of course, the very cute couple of Angela Montenegro and Jack Hodgins finally decide to get married and what happens? They can't, so they run off to their honeymoon anyway. When Bones returns, will the honeymoon be over? How will Booth's and Brennan's relationship progress? What other rubbish will happen that only romantic hearted girls like? Yeah, that's me and I can't wait for this rubbish to return! Bones is a smartly written, funny, and insightful character driven show. You should be watching.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Tube Chick - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template